OVERVIEW:

During our maiden drive, there were a few scenarios where we got a strong wiff of the bathroom after someone used it.  It was more acute when the driver-side window was opened (while driving) for some wacky reason. So I started to look for options since it felt the bathroom odor wasn’t exhausting efficiently out the roof vents.

The reviews for the Lippert 360 Siphon were pretty high and looked like a somewhat easy mod to do (almost plug-n-play). The theory being that the venturi effect would be more pronounced either stationary (with a slight breeze) or during movement to exhaust air up and out the RV.


 

PARTS LIST:

  1. Lippert Components 360 Siphon – $25 (ea) x2

TOOLS REQUIRED:

  • Screwdriver
  • Oscillating multi-tool or coping saw
  • Dicor Sealant (be sure to use the right type for your roof)
  • Locate the two existing vents (rearward near AC)
  • Begin by using the putty knife to remove the existing sealant.
  • Be sure to cleanly expose and remove all the fasteners/screws
  • There will be more goops of sealant inside the vent hole that will need to be cleaned up
  • Using an oscilating multi-tool or coping saw, cut down the vent hole to ensure proper fit for the 360 vent.
  • Fasten the 360 vent, ensuring its flat, and then liberally apply Dicor sealant
  • Let dry

THE DOWN LOW:

It’s a likely 50/50 proposition if this improved the exhausting of bathroom odor over the factory vents. They are smaller and more stylish – that’s about the positive.

In our case – this mod does not eliminate the need to use odor-fighting chemicals for your holding tanks. YMMV.

 


Image result for electricity warning

DISCLAIMER: WARNING The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. Rogerover.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site.  Always follow proper safety precautions and procedures and seek professional assistance as necessary before attempting any DIY project!